For households who wish to reduce the costs for home energy, solar panel installation would be a very sound investment. By installing solar panels on your roof, you can take out a huge chunk of money off your monthly electricity bill. Even some of today’s most sought-after celebrities like Owen Wilson, Edward Norton, and Jennifer Aniston have installed solar panels on their roofs to help save the world and to save money at the same time.
To most homeowners, the thought of installing panels may seem like a really huge effort. While yes, installation may be a little bit costly, the savings that it yields you in the long run are guaranteed to sum up into a huge figure. Here is a guide to help you with solar panel installation.
1. Have your home assessed by a professional. This will give you an idea as to how much the entire project would cost you.
2. Study the recommendations provided to you by the assessment team. Find out how these could help you improve energy efficiency in your home.
3. Opt for energy-saving devices. You can buy energy-saving power bars as well as thermostat timers. These devices will ensure that you maximize the usage of solar panels. Installing the panels without observing energy efficiency will just be a waste of money.
4. Get permits. Proceed with solar installation only after you have secured all necessary permits. Complying by all zoning requirements is also highly important.
5. Determine the amount of energy that your home consumes on the average. You can do this by coming up with a list of how many kilowatt hours is used by every appliance on a day to day basis. Some have stickers in them that indicate the kilowatt usage. You can determine your monthly usage by multiplying the results by 30 days.
6. Depending on the results, choose solar panels that will satisfy the percentage of the energy that you use. It’s totally okay to start with small ones. Later, you can add new ones to an existing system to achieve greater energy production.
7. Learn as much as you can about rebates for solar panels in your community. There are companies that provide materials and services at very low prices. When choosing panels, pick a brand that will best satisfy your home needs.
8. Meet up with professionals and plan an installation. It is very important that you stick to your plan and your budget.
Solar panel installation can offer you a string of benefits. Keep these tips in mind and enjoy a free electricity for your lifetime.
To learn more about solar panel installation and FREE advices on solar panels please check out http://build-homesolarpanels.comNOW!