Solar Panels & Batteries #16 | The Infected
In today’s episode, we will work getting more power in the base. I will build several Batteries and Solar Panels in this episode.
The Infected, is a great early release game that is currently being developed and updated. I really enjoy this gameplay and can’t wait to see the future of the game.
Although the map has the same look in terms of graphics and textures, there are some notable changes.
1) A completely new layout.
2) Ground textures now have coded logic to identify what ores can be extracted in certain locations.
Players will likely want to build small outpost bases where there mineral extractors are placed.
3) No more aluminum node, aluminum is now extracted with the mineral extractor.
4) Stone boulders no longer drop any ores, only stone. All ores are now extracted via the mineral extractor.
5) New cliff meshes added.
6) New bald cypress trees added to the swamp.
7) Addition of small villages (replaced the military camps) There are now 3 villages on the map and each contain 3 to 4 tech blueprints. I have also added some loot items randomly spawned in the buildings.
8) Increased the fog on map.
The Mineral Extractor
Below is a list of changes and additions to the extractor.
1) Can acquire Aluminum, Copper and Cobalt ore only from mineral extractors in specific Locations identified on the map. Destroy a surface boulder to know what ores will be extracted in that location.
2) Crafting recipe changed to no longer include copper and aluminum.
3) Can now run on biofuel also. Early game, you will need the mineral extractor before you have an oil extractor.
4) In non ore extraction zones, it will extract only coal and iron fragments.
5) Now has a toggle button to extract only stone.
New Items and placeables
1) Biofuel… Can be crafted on the workbench using perished food. Useful to power up the mineral extractor early game.
2) Cobalt Ore… Cobalt can be extracted in specific map locations identified on the map. It can be converted into cobalt ingots.
3) Cobalt Ingot… smelted from cobalt ore on the forge. It is used in various crafting recipes.
4) Cobalt Shelf… Stores cobalt ingots.
5) Chest Rack… This rack will allow players to stack storage containers.
6) Food Prep Table… Foods such as the stew mix can be crafted here.
7) Wind Turbine… Costly and produces only half the power of Solar Panels but will generate day and night at a steady pace.
8) Wooden Roof Corner
ABOUT THIS GAME
The Infected Lore:
A virus was a lot more serious than anticipated, a treatment was looking promising. A drug trial seemed to work, many were getting better and fatality rates were dropping.
But oh my god, something went wrong. Some unexpected side effects began to arise, causing human DNA to mutate into something unknown. We call them Vambies, they seem to look like mix between a vampire and zombie.
Well this is what the media is telling us but is that the truth?
What The Infected is About:
Several friends headed out to a remote part of a forest for a weekend of camping. However, after not returning and no sign of their whereabouts, one of the parents decided to go take a look see at their last known location. What did he find out?
The Infected is an open world sandbox, survival crafting game. Build your base defend and protect yourself from wildlife and infected Vambies. (Hybrid Vampire-Zombie)
Character Hunger, Thirst, Body Temperature Mechanics
Food Cooking Mechanics
Mining and refining of ores
Kill AI Vambies
Thanks for watching!