How To Build A Solar Panel For Pool
Swimming pools are great and fun times are enjoyed here. However, heating them up requires a lot of energy and can add up to high heating bills. And solar pool heaters are becoming more popular because of the fact that the process on how to build a solar pool heater does not require much machining, welding or any hard works, therefore making it convenient and affordable for most people to design and build a solar pool heater on their own. How To Build A Solar Panel For Pool
A typical solar pool heating system is composed of the following components:
– A solar collector- functions mainly as a tool through which pool water is circulated to be heated by the sun.
– A filter- removes dirt before water is pumped through the collector.
– A pump- used to circulate the water in the pool through the filter and collector and then back to the pool.
– A flow control valve- a device that diverts pool water through the solar collector.
Before we get to know how to build a solar pool heater, we should be knowledgeable on how these solar heaters work. They basically run on a passive solar principle which allows the water to run and pass through the lengths of flexible tubing. The water from the pool is then suspended in front of small reflectors of it to be able to receive and transmit the warmth from the sun to the water in the tubing. How To Build A Solar Panel For Pool
These are the guidelines on how to build a solar pool heater:
1. Protect the reflectors using polythene sheeting. As these reflectors are essential to efficiently warm the pool, it is important to protect them form poor weather and low wind chill.
2. Spray the water piping of the reflectors with chrome paint, which will aid in increasing the reflective powers so it can heat the pool very well.
3. Once you have heat going to the tubing form the reflectors, disperse the heat throughout the pool by the use of a small pond pump or solar electric pump.
4. Assemble all the materials pertaining to the tubing, reflectors and cover into a solar panel. The size varies and depends on factors like ease of handling and heating efficiency. Typically, a pool that holds six thousand gallons basically would need a panel that measures around eleven feet by five feet.
5. Place the panel of the solar pool heater in a way that it gets the most sun possible. Sometimes it is better to place them on a fence vertically or on the roof to get the best results. When the sun is at its peak, like in the middle of the day, place them up to give you all you need to heat up your pool.
So this is how to build a solar pool heater and to get it going. How To Build A Solar Panel For Pool
Want to save your electricity bills?
Get your How To Build A Solar Panel For Pool and start cutting your bills now!
TryEarth4Energy Program and save the Earth!