To put it bluntly, YES, it is definitely possible to build your own green DIY solar panels! Thousands of people are catching on to the idea and building their own solar panels instead of paying a couple grand to an installation team. I’ll go over the Pros and Cons of the entire process.
Cons of building your own solar panels:
– It can be difficult, especially if you do not know what you are doing and are unfamiliar with solar panel wiring and installation.
– Your DIY system is going to be smaller than a professionally installed system, and therefore it will not produce as much electricity. Unless, of course, you try to build your own solar panel system the same size as a professional one, but I would not recommend trying to, at least on your first attempt at building solar panels.
– It may take you longer to build your panels. People are busier than ever before, and it can be hard to find time to work on home projects. You’ll have to work hard to dedicate a Saturday or two to your green DIY solar panel construction.
Pros of building your own solar panels:
– It saves you A TON of money, compared to outsourcing for the project. You can build your own solar energy system for under $ 200, really, no joke.
– There are nice solar panel construction guides that help a lot and really simplify the construction process. If you’re willing, purchase one of them and follow the directions and tutorial videos. It will make the whole process much easier and more enjoyable.
– It can be a great family project that everyone can get involved in.
Whether you choose to build your own green DIY solar panels or hire a professional team to do it, you still are making a wise choice to invest in solar energy.
Solar energy is 100% clean, limitless and free.
As long as our sun keeps burning, solar energy is going to be a very viable option for producing clean electricity. Within the next 50 years it is only going to grow more popular, as our fossil fuels become expired.
Make the wise choice and go with solar energy. You’ll be putting money back in your wallet, and being kind to the earth. Start building those solar panels today!
Jude Angel is a DIY enthusiast and loves taking on new DIY challenges. He recently built his own green diy solar panels.