by Terry Wha
A solar energy panel converts the energy from sun’s rays into electricity. With help from everyday equipment found close to your home, you can also make a solar energy panel and make electricity. The most clean form of renewable energy available, solar power will greatly help reduce your energy bill.
Here is a catalog of things you will require you make a solar panel:
1 electric stove ( at least 1000 watts)
one half-foot square sheets of copper flashing
1 2-liter plastic bottle
3 tablespoons of table salt
Sheet metal shears
Electric drill with sand paper
Two alligator clip leads
A cup of tap water
Steps to prepare a solar panel:
1. First, clean off the copper flashing completely. If there is any corrosion on the flashing, clean it with with sandpaper. With the sheet metal shears, cut the sheet metal shears, cut the copper flashing into size big enough to cover the electric stove burner.
2. Now place the copper flashing on the electric stove burner and turn the stove on. The flashing should remain on the burner till a layer of black cupric oxide forms on it. This sometimes takes about thirty minutes.
3. Once the layer of cupric oxide has formed on the flashing, allow it to cool. Wipe the flashing so all the black cupric oxide is removed from its surface. However, make efforts to leave the red cupric oxide formed in the act, as it is.
4. Use the metal shears to chop another piece of copper flashing in the same size as the prior one. Take the 2-litre plastic bottle and cut its top off. Attach the 2 sheets of copper flashing to the insides of the plastic bottle using the alligator clips. The sheets need to be attached on the both sides of the insides of the bottle, and should not touch.
5. Connect the lead of the alligator clip of the clean copper flashing to the positive terminal of the ammeter. Now put the lead of the alligator clip of the red cupric oxide plate to the negative terminal of the ammeter.
6. Take some hot tap water and melt the table salt in it. Now pour this salt solution into the plastic bottle. But make sure that the salt water solution only covers the bottom of the two copper flashings. It shouldn’t reach up to the level of the alligator clip leads.
7. Now place this set-up in sunlight. Watch the ammeter to tell the amount of electricity generated by this solar panel. While you set up your solar panel, be sure to have your safety goggles on.
To learn the secrets on how to make your own solar and wind power for less than 0 visit making a solar panel.