1) Energy production for generate home use – One of the most common usage of a home solar energy system is to generate power. The energy produced from the solar cells can be stored is a battery bank and used to power household appliances.
2) Cook your food – Solar energy can be used to cook our food via a solar oven. Although solar ovens are not very convenient because it is very slow and can only cook when the sun is out, nonetheless, it can be very useful on camping trips.
3) Water heating – Solar power is also commonly used to heat up our water. It is a very useful feature when you need hot water for shower. The types of solar water heating system can be either passive or active system. Since there are not many moving parts, the system can last for a long time.
4) Pump water – Do you need to pump water into a storage tank? One way of doing so is my using a simple solar water pump. When the sun is shining, the solar modules will produce electric current which will actives the water pump. Since the whole system is running of solar energy, there is no additional electric bill at the end of the month.
5) Heat your swimming pool – A simple step you can take to heat up your swimming pool is by using a solar blanket. A solar blanket will trap the sun energy and use it to keep the water warm. This is a cheap solution compared to a pool water heater system which can cost thousands of dollars.
6) Landscape lighting – To light up the surrounding landscape around your house, you can use a solar garden light. The light will collect the sun energy during daytime and use it to light up your garden at night. No electricity bill and no wiring required.
7) Energy source for remote dwellings – If you have a house or cabin up in the mountain, a residential solar power system can be used to generate power. Getting the utility company to pull electric cables all the way to your remote cabin can be very expensive. The best alternative is to install an independent home solar energy system.
Will Yap writes about DIY solar homes at http://www.diysolarhomes.com Do you want to cut your home electricity bill by using solar power? If you do, check out the Earth 4 Energy e-book. The manual will show you step-by-step how to make your own solar modules. For more information, read the Earth4 Energy review at the web site.